- Bought two pairs of jeans (huge accomplishment!)
- Got some shades. Ok, so they aren't Gucci (like the ones I bought in France and then destroyed by stepping on after they fell into gravel! ) but maybe I'll find some over there!
- I always need new makeup before a trip it seems. So I got some fabulous eyeliner (Bobbi Brown Gel Liner) thanks to LBR's perfect suggestion!
- Made peace with the fact that The Shrinking Dollar is not going to cooperate. Cheese, bread, wine by the refill jug and a slab of saucisson won't be too expensive and make great meals!
- Bought two unlocked, quad band cell phones on Ebay at a great price.
Now, things I NEED to do:
- Plan out and buy needed items for two dinner parties we're having for French Friends; Mexican dinner and then an American BBQ. (Uncooked tortillas from Costco, corn tortillas, Taco seasoning, Ortega chilies...more things I'm sure!)
- Get everything for a Baby Shower I'm throwing for a friend over there. (Baby showers are typically an American tradition and not done by the French. I've got my work cut out for me! Games, prizes, decorations...buying it all and packing it!)
- Make DVD to show friends and family over there, of over here.
- Get some comfortable-enough-for-walking-on-cobblestones-yet-fashionable shoes.
- Choose and buy the right SIM cards for our phones. HELP!!!
- Make my handwritten list of things to pack.
- Get my HP notebook back from HP.
- Work on French.
I especially need some experienced help for my SIM cards purchase. I want one with free incoming in France, and lots of textos to save us money on phone calls. It seems very expensive to use mobile phones in France, unlike here where I have 800 anytime minutes, free after 7 and weekend minutes, and free incoming.